Choosing Kumho for your car
Facts you may not know about Kumho
- One of the world's top ten tyre manufacturers. Kumho means beautiful, calm lake
- Part of a much larger group of companies including an international airline, Asiana, a construction company and logistics, petrochemicals and finance operations
- Produces nearly 60 million tyres a year at its factories in Korea, China and Vietnam for cars, 4x4s, vans and trucks
- You can buy a Kumho tyre in around 180 countries in the world
- To ensure its tyres meet the needs of the market, Kumho has R&D centres on three continents including one based in Birmingham in the UK
- Original equipment supplier to Chevrolet, Chrysler, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Smart, Ssangyong and Volkswagen
- The leading provider of tyres for Formula 3 racing and a class winner at the Le Mans 24 Hours in 2007
- Demonstrating its advanced motorsport technology, Kumho has successfully developed a tyre for F3.
Kumho tyres join the trend of Football sponsorship
In line with latest advertising trend of many of the leading tyre companies, Kumho tyres now sponsor a total of two clubs in the German Bundesliga. The three teams that now fly the Kumho flag are now down to two, with the deal at FC Shalke04, finishing, Kumho have signed a contract to replace them with, Hamburger FC and Hertha BFC, and the sponsorship deals are until the end of the 2016-2017 seasons.